If you are like most people, you will undoubtedly make a resolution or two in the next few days. Maybe you want to lose weight? Maybe to stop a bad habit? Or maybe start a good habit? Whatever the reason, you are not alone as over 58% of us will make at least one resolution (according to Statistic Brain). Unfortunately, only 8% of us actually achieve some level of success with our resolutions.
Here are a few ideas to assist you in maintaining your resolution through-out the year.
- Don’t shoot for the moon. The old adage of shoot for the stars and if you miss you’ll hit the moon does not apply here. Most people start with a huge goal and when they miss-step, drop the resolution altogether. A friend of mine posted on Facebook in November that their goal at the start of the year was to lose 25 pounds…..and they only had 35 pounds to go! Shoot for a smaller more attainable mark and once you hit it, stretch it out to the next mark. So shoot for a 5 pound weight loss. Once you hit that, make a new mark of 5 pounds more. And so on.
- If you DO miss a goal, don’t quit! Reset and start again! You do not know what outside influences might get in the way of you making your mark. Life happens! Reset, and begin again! If you win more battles than lose, you will eventually win the war! January 1st is not the only day that you can make a resolution.
- Partner with someone that has the same or similar goals. Is it any wonder why Spin Class and Group Exercise have both grown tremendously over the past few years? Being a part of a like-minded community can assist you in furthering your goals and achieving long term success in ways you may have never before imagined!
- Make your goal bigger than yourself. I know of a friend that could never quit smoking. He tried every year to do so and always failed. Until the day he found out that he and his wife were going to have their first baby. Right then and there his paradigm shifted and his motivation for quitting smoking was exposed. He quit and has never gone back to the habit.
- Use pictures to mentally remind yourself of your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, maybe you hang a picture on your fridge that reminds you not to snack. Or if you are wanting to save for a vacation but always waste money on frivolous things like Starbucks or fast food, maybe put a picture on your phone to remind you of where it is you want to go. Use your phone (as if you don’t have it in your hand right now) to set reminders to take your vitamins, drink more water, or exercise more. Use your past self to remind your present self of what your future self wants to achieve!
These five suggestions are not the only five ways to assist in achieving your New Year’s resolutions. But they can help. And if they do, drop us a comment below and share with us what worked for you. And share this blog with your friends…..please and thank you!
It is an exciting time of the year where we close out one year and begin anew. And in the luxury automotive business, that means the arrival of fresh and new vehicle models. With the NINE brands we represent, a month never goes by where we don’t have something brand new or something refreshed to talk about with our customers. 2018 is no exception!
From Lexus , the flagship of the brand, the LS 500 sedan, is coming out with style, power, and a total redesign. From the standard twin-turbo 3.5 liter V6 (producing 415 horsepower!) to optional four-wheel steering, to a TEN-speed transmission, the LS will not disappoint…expect it sometime in January or February.
From Audi, the redesigned Q5 will arrive this spring and will be a technological wonder. With the available Virtual Cockpit, a customizable 12.3-inch video display that replaces the traditional instrument panel, you can choose the design that works best for you!
From Land Rover, the Range Rover Velar, available now, is the latest addition to the ever-growing family. With a wide variety of power-trains available, there is a Velar for everyone. Starting at just $49,900, the Velar is also very affordable for a luxury SUV with the great heritage of Land Rover…
We have updates from Porsche (911 GT2 RS and Panamera/Panamera Turbo S Hybrid) as well as new AMG models from Mercedes-Benz (AMG GT C Convertible and AMG GT R). Also expect to see the Audi A5 Sportback and TT RS sometime soon…and this is just the beginning!
One of the most rewarding events I have been able to witness over my 12+ years in the luxury automotive business is the joy and relief when a new sales associate completes their first transaction.
Aside from the purchase of a home, an automobile transaction is often a complicated, drawn out process, unless you are a “Up Front Price” store (like our stores!). A new associate is virtually always dealing with self-doubt debating whether or not they made the right career choice. The first sale, whether it is a solo transaction or partnered with a more “seasoned” associate, gives the associate a strong sense of pride and accomplishment. It’s a big deal.
Yesterday, a new associate at our MB store made her first sale and I went to congratulate her, to simply acknowledge the achievement. The smile that lit up her face is now added to the hundreds of others I have witnessed over the years.
As for the customer in this process, they are forever remembered as the first sale for this associate. This customer will get special attention any time they are at the dealership from this associate, because they were the first transaction of many. And in our sales process, even though a customer primarily deals with just one person from start to finish, there are numerous people behind the scenes all supporting the sales associate before (training), during (sales managers/business managers), and after (Service, Parts, Detail, Concierge) the transaction.
Tired of the same old back and forth, grind it out, car buying process? Try something fresh, unique, and special…..the Walser Up Front Price way of doing business…
When I am out and about in Wichita or at a Chamber of Commerce event, I am often asked about business and how the “new” company is doing. I usually reply that after nearly 16 months, the Walser Auto Campus and I am doing great. That usually elicits a chuckle or at the very least a smirk. And then I get to tell them about all the exciting enhancements to our business and our new website – WalserAutoCampus.com.
As you can see in the photo above, this is not your ordinary “dealer” website. From the aerial slow pan across the front of the Greenwich side of the campus (don’t worry – BMW/MINI/Porsche/Acura coming soon!), you can see why our collection of some of the most iconic brands in the world, all on one campus, is second-to-none.
From new Porsches and Jaguars, to great Used Cars (priced from $7998 and up!), we have what you are looking for! In addition, with our sister stores in the great state of Minnesota, we just might be able to get that new vehicle from one of our sister brands down here to you as well. And, best of all, at a negotiation-free, Walser Upfront Price, too!
See you soon….
Click the name of a brand to be linked directly to our manufacturer-authorized websites…
Acura – Audi – BMW – Jaguar – Land Rover – Lexus – Mercedes-Benz – MINI – Porsche
Posted in Acura, Audi, BMW, Construction, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, New Vehicle, Porsche, Pre-Owned Vehicles, Special News